Monday, June 22, 2015

We've reached the end...

This class has taught me a lot about how my students will think, feel, and learn throughout the time they spend in my classroom. I have learned that their development will be especially important in planning lessons. Their development also plays a key role in their behavior in class, and the best way to teach and manage these students. My lessons need to be tailored to help them grow and learn, not only educationally, but socially and physically.

I have also learned more about myself as a prospective teacher. After studying the different learning theories, I realized that I follow the Constructivist approach. I value the ideas of group learning, engaging inquiry lessons, and student responsibility for their own learning. I think using these methods, no matter what age, will provide the best experiences for my students. This class has given me some wonderful ideas for future lesson plans that will accomplish these goals.

I was able to integrate new technologies I have never worked with into projects. I particularly enjoyed used Glogster and Prezi. They are creative programs that would be great for classroom presentations, as well as teaching older students how to use for their own projects. One technology I was not thrilled with was the eText. I would have much rather preferred having the physical text in front of me, instead of paying the same price for a text book that expires at the end of the summer session.

One of the other technologies we got to use was LiveBinders. My eFolio is available here and includes my reflections on the major projects, podcasts, and my philosophy of education based on the course content.

No comments:

Post a Comment